The Higher Education Working Group completed a strategic assessment of opportunities on mitigation and adaptation in the high education sector and has recommended pursuing the following strategies.
- Climate Preparedness: Collaborate to leverage the capabilities of area universities to support Boston’s goals related to climate adaptation and resiliency preparedness.
- Share Best Practices: Develop multiple formats for best practice sharing, including workshops and a limited online clearinghouse.
- Improve Lab Efficiency: Collaborate on ways to improve labs/research efficiency.
- Streamline Reporting: Explore ways to streamline reporting.
- Expand Funding: Evaluate options for Green Revolving Fund sharing and other financing options across institutions and sectors. Copies of the strategic assessment documents can be downloaded from this page.
The Higher Education Working Group is chaired by GRC member Katie Lapp, Executive Vice President, Harvard University. For more information on the Higher Education Working Group, please contact GRC Executive Director John Cleveland at john (at) in4c.net.
The following summary report synthesizes the results of the HEWG Phase I stakeholder assessment. It gives a succinct progress report on how the HEWG universities are approaching mitigation and includes a detailed comparison table of HEWG university GHG goals, progress, best practices, awards and recognition, and other information. Click here to download the summary report.
To view the materials and background reports for the Higher Education Working Group, please click here to browse the Higher Education Working Group folder.