Each Green Ribbon Commission member serves on at least one of seven different working groups. Working groups are focused either on solving problems and spurring action in specific sectors, or on crosscutting approaches that complement and amplify the work of the Commission. The working groups and their goals are:
- Commercial Real Estate - Use GRC leadership to enable the commercial real estate sector to meet the climate plan emissions reductions targets.
- Health Care - Use GRC leadership to enable the health care sector to meet the climate plan emissions reductions targets.
- Higher Education - Use GRC leadership to enable the higher education sector to meet the climate plan emissions reductions targets.
- Climate Preparedness - The mission of the GRC Climate Preparedness Working Group is to support the City of Boston climate preparedness planning process.
- Greenovate Boston - Develop a comprehensive communications strategy that builds awareness and inspires broad behavior changes.
- Transportation - The mission of the GRC Transportation Working Group is to help the City of Boston develop an urban mobility visioning process.