Each Green Ribbon Commission member serves on at least one of five different working groups. Working groups are focused either on solving problems and spurring action in specific sectors, or on cross-cutting approaches that complement and amplify the work of the Commission. The working groups and their goals are:
- Commercial Real Estate – Use GRC leadership to enable the commercial real estate sector to meet the climate plan emissions reductions targets.
- Health Care – Use GRC leadership to enable the healthcare sector to meet the climate plan emissions reductions targets.
- Higher Education – Use GRC leadership to enable the higher education sector to meet the climate plan emissions reductions targets.
- Climate Preparedness – The mission of the GRC Climate Preparedness Working Group is to support the City of Boston climate preparedness planning process.
- Carbon Free Boston – Share best practice in technologies, policies, and strategies in meeting Boston’s goal of reducing 80 percent of its GHG emissions by 2050.
Cross- Cutting Initiatives
In addition to its working groups, the GRC undergoes initiatives that impact all areas of our work. These cross-cutting initiatives are informed by – and impact – all of the Commission.
- EU Climate Innovations Study Tour – GRC hosted leaders in policy, academics, philanthropy, and business on a Climate Innovations Study Tour focusing on climate adaptation and mitigation best practices in several advanced cities in Northern Europe.
- The Climate Finance Series – Designed to address aspects of financing a meaningful response to impending climate change.
- Renewable Energy Purchasing Network– Helps GRC network participants advance their strategies for purchasing power with zero carbon content.